Prepay for SUSE software plans from Azure Reservations
Prepay for your SUSE usage and save money over your pay-as-you-go costs. The discounts only apply to SUSE meters and not on the virtual machine usage. You can buy reservations for virtual machines separately to save even more.
You can buy SUSE software plans in the Azure portal. To buy a plan:
- You must be in an Owner role for at least one Enterprise or Pay-As-You-Go subscription.
- For Enterprise subscriptions, Add Reserved Instances must be enabled in the EA portal. Or, if that setting is disabled, you must be an EA Admin on the subscription.
- For the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, the admin agents or sales agents can buy the SUSE plans.
Buy a SUSE software plan
Go to Reservations in Azure portal.
Select Add and select SUSE Linux.
Fill in the required fields. Any SUSE Linux VM that matches the attributes of what you buy gets the discount. The actual number of deployments that get the discount depend on the scope and quantity selected.
Field Description Name The name of this purchase. Subscription The subscription used to pay for this plan. The payment method on the subscription is charged the upfront costs for the reservation. The subscription type must be an enterprise agreement (offer numbers: MS-AZR-0017P or MS-AZR-0148P) or Pay-As-You-Go (offer numbers: MS-AZR-0003P or MS-AZR-0023P). For an enterprise subscription, the charges are deducted from the enrollment's monetary commitment balance or charged as overage. For Pay-As-You-Go subscription, the charges are billed to the credit card or invoice payment method on the subscription. Scope The scope can cover one subscription or multiple subscriptions (shared scope). If you select:
- Single subscription - The plan discount is applied to SUSE Linux usage in this subscription.
- Shared - The plan discount is applied to SUSE Linux usage in any subscription within your billing context. For enterprise customers, the shared scope is the enrollment and includes all subscriptions within the enrollment. For Pay-As-You-Go customers, the shared scope is all Pay-As-You-Go subscriptions created by the account administrator.
Software plan Select the SUSE Linux plan. For help in identifying what to buy, see Understand how the SUSE Linux Enterprise software reservation discount is applied. VM size SUSE Linux pricing depends on the number of vCPUs on the VM. Select the option that represents the number of vCPUs on your SUSE Linux VMs. Term One year or three years. Quantity The number of VMs that you are buying this SUSE Linux plan for. The quantity is the number of running SUSE Linux instances that can get the billing discount.
Select View this Reservation to see the status of your purchase.
The reservation discount is automatically applied to any running SUSE virtual machines that matches the reservation. The discount applies only to the SUSE meter. The VM compute charges are not covered by this plan.
Discount applies to different VM sizes with instance size flexibility
Like Reserved VM Instances, SUSE Linux plans offer instance size flexibility. This means that your discount applies even when you deploy a VM that's a different size from the SUSE plan you bought. For more information, see Understand how the SUSE Linux Enterprise software reservation discount is applied.
Cancellation and exchanges not allowed
You can't cancel or exchange a SUSE plan that you bought. Check your usage to make sure you buy the right plan. For help in identifying what to buy, see Understand how the SUSE Linux Enterprise software reservation discount is applied.
To learn how to manage a reservation, see Manage Azure reservations.
To learn more, see the following articles:
- What are Azure Reservations?
- Manage Reservations in Azure
- Understand how the SUSE reservation discount is applied
- Understand reservation usage for your Pay-As-You-Go subscription
- Understand reservation usage for your Enterprise enrollment
Need help? Contact us.
If you have questions or need help, create a support request.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.