Spring ’18 summary of what’s new in Business Central
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
For a list of the regions where Dynamics 365 business applications are available, see the International availability guide.
March 2018 - General Availability
Broad regional availability
- 14 markets - Dynamics 365 Business Central is available in 14 markets.
Full suite of application functionality
- Essential - Includes a broad range of functionality that most businesses need to run their business.
- Premium - Adds Service Management and Manufacturing.
Look and feel
- Modern user experience - A refreshed and modern user experience, optimized for insights and productivity.
Easy to extend
- App Source - Customize your experience with apps from App Source.
- Power BI, PowerApps, and Flow - Combine with PowerApps and Microsoft Flow to compose new applications and extend existing business processes. Integrate with Power BI for custom dashboards and configurable reports.
- Extensions - Many improvements have been made to the extensions technology, so that you can extend, customize, and build solutions in an upgradable fashion, decoupled from the base application.
- Individual customizations - As a user, you can personalize your experience. As a partner, you can apply customizations to one or more customers' experiences.
- Business API - Integrate with external systems and services by using the robust API.
- Modern developer experience - File-based development environment and a new development language.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Investments address the European privacy law’s requirements. Go to the Trust Center to learn more and find resources to help you comply.
- Accessibility enhancements - Go to the Trust Center to learn about our industry‑leading accessibility standards.
- ISO and SOC compliance.