Public sector enhancements
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review Summary of what’s new. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy). For detailed information about our products, visit the Finance and Operations documentation.
The following new capabilities for Public Sector are being added for accounting and finance professionals in the October '18 release:
- New encumbrance inquiry and report to allow easier reconciliation of general budget reservation and encumbrance balances.
- New budgeting functionality that allows you to copy compensation grids to save time in budget planning setup for the next budget cycle.
- The ability to default and select the bill-to address on purchase orders so that vendor invoices are sent to the proper location if your agency has distributed accounts payable.
- The ability to set the Purchase Order status to draft when generated from a requisition. This will allow you to send purchase orders through workflow without needing to create a change order.
- Vendor collaboration improvements, such as bidding guidance, bid alternates, and other enhancements to improve solicitation requests with external vendors.
- Dormant user accounts report to assist you in disabling or removing users who have not accessed the system for a period.
- Validation of duplicate vendors by Federal Tax ID to avoid duplicate records on your vendor file.
- Ability to post advanced ledger entries and general budget reservations as prior year transactions for entities that segregate their fiscal year carry-forward budgets from current year operating budget.
- ACH electronic payment number to provide a reference for payments made to vendors and employees not paid by check.