Application performance improvements
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review What's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
From user telemetry, numerous performance issues in the Business Central application have been identified and fixed:
- Analysis of long running SQL queries yielded key optimizations, and unexpected locking issues were discovered and removed.
- Locking issues in SIFT indexes on the Sales- and Purchase Line tables have been fixed.
- Data is now cached on the Customer top 5/10 chart, Activities parts, and Mini Trial Balance.
- Dedicated lookup pages for Items, Vendors, and Customers have been added to make these lookups faster.
- Static code analysis yielded several under-indexed or non-indexed FlowFields, which are now much faster to read from.
- In the Edit Sales and Purchase Documents pages, recalculation of all lines for every field has been removed to speed up data entry.
- The workflow subsystem has been optimized to run faster.
- My Customer, My Vendor, My Item, and My Account run faster.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the Business Central forum at https://aka.ms/businesscentralideas.