This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations supports localization for Russia as of October 2018. Customers with non-Russian tenants can create legal entities with a Russian address, which enables the Russian localization features, and customers can start reviewing Russian localization functionalities for their implementations.
October '18 features
The October '18 release of the Russian localization covers the following functional areas:
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Advance holders
- Fixed assets
- General ledger and general ledger reporting
- Electronic reporting for financial reports
- Profit tax registers in areas of cash movement, goods movement, rated expenses, deferred expenses, exchange difference, and WIP
Monthly planned features
The following Russian localization features are targeted for general availability in the monthly updates of the October 1, 2018, release:
|November 2018||- Third-party miscellaneous charges
- Electronic format of VAT declaration
|December 2018||- Inventory management
- Goods in transit
- Optional posting of transfer orders
- Inventory owner
- Profit tax registers in areas of assets
- Sales, purchase books, additional sheets, invoice-factures journal in electronic format
|January 2019||- Profit tax registers in areas of:
- Accounts receivable debts
- Accounts payable liabilities
- Client-bank interface and reconciliation procedure
|April '19 release notes||- Cash flow management
- Localization of process industries
- Other incomes and expenses profit tax registers
- Journal of alcohol sales
- Electronic format of accounting reporting
- Electronic format of profit tax declaration
- Transport tax registers and electronic format of declaration
- Land tax registers and electronic format of declaration
- Assessed tax registers and electronic format of declaration
- Indirect taxes declaration on import of goods in electronic format
- Alcohol sales declaration in electronic format
Frequently asked questions about the Russian localization availability
When will the cloud deployment option of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations be generally available for Russia?
Microsoft made the cloud deployment option generally available for Russia in December 2018.
For cloud “go live” in Russia, customers must comply with the Russian personal data localization law. The Federal Law No. 242-FZ amendments, effective from September 1, 2015, imposes a data localization requirement on data “operators” in Russia that collect “personal data” of Russian citizens. Those operators must ensure that “collection, recording, systemization, accumulation, storage, correction (updating and changing) and extraction” of that personal data takes place in databases located in Russia before that data can be transferred outside of Russia. Customers implementing cloud deployments for Russia need to work with local partners providing solutions to allow the local storage of the personal data before that data can be transferred abroad to comply with the Russian Federal Law No. 242-FZ amendments.
When will the on-premises deployment option of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations be generally available for Russia?
Microsoft made the on-premises deployment option generally available for Russia in December 2018.
Will the Russian Retail localization and Russian Payroll be released within the October ’18 release timeframe?
The Russian Retail localization and Russian Payroll will not be available in the October ’18 release timeframe (October 2018 – March 2019). The plans for the Russian Retail localization and the Russian Payroll will be published in the release notes when those plans are finalized.
For more information, see the help content for Russia localization.