Update an existing Power BI app in AppSource
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review Summary of what’s new. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy). For detailed information about our products, visit the Power BI documentation.
The application lifecycle management (ALM) story includes the following capabilities:
- An app is based on a Power BI workspace with additional settings (parameters).
- There are three release levels for an app: workspace (WIP) > package (release candidate) > published app (content that is publicly available to install through AppSource).
- On each release level we keep a single version: one workspace in WIP, one package, one published app. To make an update to a published app, you deploy a package. Deploying a package will overwrite the published app in AppSource.
- Building the app can continue at all times on the WIP workspace.
- Whenever you are ready to create a release candidate, save the package.