Candidates for this exam should have subject matter expertise in implementing, managing, and monitoring an organization’s Microsoft Azure environment, including virtual networks, storage, compute, identity, security, and governance.
An Azure administrator often serves as part of a larger team dedicated to implementing an organization's cloud infrastructure. Azure administrators also coordinate with other roles to deliver Azure networking, security, database, application development, and DevOps solutions.
Candidates for this exam should be familiar with operating systems, networking, servers, and virtualization. In addition, professionals in this role should have experience using PowerShell, Azure CLI, the Azure portal, and Azure Resource Manager templates (ARM templates).
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam was updated on July 28, 2022. Please download the study guide in the "Tip" box to see the current skills measured. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on July 28, 2022. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Manage Azure identities and governance (15—20%)
- Implement and manage storage (15—20%)
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources (20—25%)
- Configure and manage virtual networking (20—25%)
- Monitor and maintain Azure resources (10—15%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure administrators implement, manage, and monitor an organization’s Microsoft Azure environment.