Candidates for this exam are support engineers who use advanced troubleshooting methods to support Microsoft Teams environments, analyze telemetry and log data, troubleshoot deployments, and tune performance. Candidates are expected to review logs and other data, infer the root cause of an issue, and provide a fix.
Candidates should have significant experience troubleshooting unified communications solutions with hands-on expertise specific to troubleshooting Microsoft Teams. In addition, candidates should have networking knowledge of Azure fundamentals, telephony, PowerShell, data storage technologies, APIs, app security, authentication and authorization, security and compliance information, debugging, performance tuning, and monitoring.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Teams Support Engineer Specialty
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams voice issues (15—20%)
- Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Teams meetings and live events (20—25%)
- Troubleshoot federation issues (10—15%)
- Troubleshoot issues signing into Microsoft Teams (15—20%)
- Troubleshoot teams and channels (10—15%)
- Troubleshoot issues with files (15—20%)
Two ways to prepare
Candidates for this certification are support engineers who support Microsoft Teams environments, troubleshoot deployments, tune performance, collect and analyze telemetry and log data, and manage Teams environments.