This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to facilitate productivity on-site, at home, or a combination of both. Candidates may have knowledge of cloud-based solutions or may be new to Microsoft 365. Candidates can use this exam to prepare for other Microsoft certifications, but it is not a prerequisite for any of the related certifications.
Candidates should be able to recommend Microsoft 365 solutions that address common organizational IT challenges. They should understand how Microsoft 365 solutions improve productivity, facilitate collaboration, and optimize communications.
Candidates should also be able to recommend solutions for endpoint and application management, desktop virtualization, automated operating system deployment, and rich reporting and analytics. They should be familiar with Microsoft 365 licensing, deployment and migration assistance, and support options for organizations looking to maximize their investment in the cloud.
The English language version of this exam was updated on May 18, 2022. Please download the study guide in the “Tip” box to see the current skills measured.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on May 18, 2022. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Describe cloud concepts (10-15%)
- Describe core Microsoft 365 services and concepts (50-55%)
- Describe security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365 (15-20%)
- Describe Microsoft 365 pricing and support (10-15%)
Two ways to prepare
Prove that you understand the options available in Microsoft 365 and the benefits of adopting cloud services, the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, and implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service.