April 3, 2017
We released the ACR, Batch, KeyVault, and SQL components in this release.
azure-cli (2.0.2) acr (2.0.0) acs (2.0.2) appservice (0.1.2) batch (2.0.0) cloud (2.0.0) component (2.0.0) configure (2.0.2) container (0.1.2) core (2.0.2) documentdb (0.1.2) feedback (2.0.0) find (0.0.1b1) iot (0.1.2) keyvault (2.0.0) lab (0.0.1) monitor (0.0.1) network (2.0.2) nspkg (2.0.0) profile (2.0.2) redis (0.1.1b3) resource (2.0.2) role (2.0.1) sql (2.0.0) storage (2.0.2) vm (2.0.2)
- Add acr, lab, monitor, and find modules to default list.
- Login: skip erroneous tenant (#2634)
- login: set default subscription to one with the state of "Enabled" (#2575)
- Add wait commands and --no-wait support to more commands (#2524)
- core: support login using service principal with a cert (#2457)
- Add prompting for missing template parameters. (#2364)
- Support setting default values for common arguments like default resource group, default web, default vm
- Support login to specific tenant
- [ACS] Adding support for configuring a default ACS cluster (#2554)
- Add support for ssh key password prompting. (#2044)
- Add support for windows clusters. (#2211)
- Switch from Owner to Contributor role. (#2321)
- appservice: support to get external ip address used for DNS A records (#2627)
- appservice: support binding wildcard certificates (#2625)
- appservice: support list publishing profiles (#2504)
- AppService - Trigger source control sync after config (#2326)
- Initial release of Data Lake Analytics module.
- Initial release of Data Lake Store module.
- DocumentDB: Adding support for listing connection strings (#2580)
- [Compute] Add AppGateway support to virtual machine scale set create (#2570)
- [VM/VMSS] Improved disk caching support (#2522)
- VM/VMSS: incorporate credentials validation logic used by portal (#2537)
- Add wait commands and --no-wait support (#2524)
- Virtual machine scale set: support * to list instance view across vms (#2467)
- Add --secrets for VM and virtual machine scale set ([#2212}(https://github.com/Azure/azure-cli/pull/2212))
- Allow VM creation with specialized VHD (#2256)
February 27, 2017
This release of Azure CLI 2.0 is the first "Generally Available" release. General availability applies to these command modules:
- Container Service (acs)
- Compute (including Resource Manager, VM, virtual machine scale sets, Managed Disks)
These command modules can be used in production and are supported by standard Microsoft SLA.
You can open issues directly with Microsoft support or on our github issues list.
You can ask questions on StackOverflow using the azure-cli tag,
or contact the product team at email@example.com.
You can provide feedback from the command line with the
az feedback command.
The commands in these modules are stable and the syntax is not expected to change in upcoming releases of this version of Azure CLI.
To verify the version of the CLI, use
The output lists the version of the CLI itself (2.0.0 in this release), the individual command modules,
and the versions of Python and GCC that you're using.
azure-cli (2.0.0) acs (2.0.0) appservice (0.1.1b5) batch (0.1.1b4) cloud (2.0.0) component (2.0.0) configure (2.0.0) container (0.1.1b4) core (2.0.0) documentdb (0.1.1b2) feedback (2.0.0) iot (0.1.1b3) keyvault (0.1.1b5) network (2.0.0) nspkg (2.0.0) profile (2.0.0) redis (0.1.1b3) resource (2.0.0) role (2.0.0) sql (0.1.1b5) storage (2.0.0) vm (2.0.0) Python (Darwin) 2.7.10 (default, Jul 30 2016, 19:40:32) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
Some of the command modules have a "bn" or "rcn" postfix. These command modules are still in preview and will become generally available in the future.
You can report issues with nightly preview builds in the following ways: