How to install GPU support in Model Builder
Learn how to install the GPU drivers to use your GPU with Model Builder.
- Model Builder Visual Studio extension. The extension is built into Visual Studio as of version 16.6.1.
- Model Builder Visual Studio GPU support extension.
- At least one CUDA compatible GPU. For a list of compatible GPUs, see NVIDIA's guide.
- NVIDIA developer account. If you don't have one, create a free account.
- Install CUDA v10.1. Make sure you install CUDA v10.1, not any other newer version. You cannot have multiple versions of CUDA installed.
- Install cuDNN v7.6.4 for CUDA 10.1. You cannot have multiple versions of cuDNN installed. After downloading cuDNN v7.6.4 zip file and unpacking it, copy
<YOUR_DRIVE>\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.1\bin.
How do I know what GPU I have?
Follow instructions provided:
- Right-click on desktop
- If you see "NVIDIA Control Panel" or "NVIDIA Display" in the pop-up window, you have an NVIDIA GPU
- Click on "NVIDIA Control Panel" or "NVIDIA Display" in the pop-up window
- Look at "Graphics Card Information"
- You will see the name of your NVIDIA GPU
I don't see NVIDIA Control Panel (or it fails to open) but I know I have an NVIDIA GPU.
- Open Device Manager
- Look at Display adapters
- Install appropriate driver for your GPU.