Overview of Dynamics 365 Project Operations 2020 release wave 1
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Today’s project-based services businesses operate in a highly competitive market, where winning new deals, accelerating project delivery, and increasing profit margins are significant challenges. Teams within these organizations often use disconnected systems for sales, project management, collaboration, and financials when success in this environment requires unifying teams around actionable data.
We are excited to announce a new Dynamics 365 application that unifies operational workflows to provide the visibility, collaboration, and insight needed to drive success across teams—from sales to finance. Dynamics 365 Project Operations connects your sales, resourcing, project management, and finance teams within a single application to win more deals, accelerate delivery, empower employees, and maximize profitability.
As we see phenomenal growth in the services economy, bringing together these products is key to our vision. We’re excited for the innovation Dynamics 365 Project Operations delivers in this space and look forward to the value that Microsoft and our partners can bring to our customers.
Delivering service organization success
This new application builds on our depth of expertise and existing applications across all functional pillars of service-based businesses and teams. Powered by Microsoft Power Platform, it provides customers an unmatched set of capabilities that enable everyone to analyze, act, and automate across their organization to transform their services business from the ground up.
It's everything you need to run your operations, from sales to financials, all in one application.
- Leaders get business insights to increase visibility across all teams, data, and processes, plus AI capabilities for better, faster business decisions.
- Sales is enabled to win more deals and accelerate the sales cycle with fast, accurate quotes, flexible pricing, and seamless transitions from estimate to execution.
- Resourcing is set up to optimize resource use by aligning the right people, with the right skills, to the right projects—improving quality and helping to retain top performers.
- Project managers can accelerate project delivery with state-of-the-art, built-in project management that uses familiar, easy-to-use Microsoft Project capabilities.
- Team members can improve productivity, collaboration, and visibility with integration to Microsoft Teams, as well as submit time and expenses from anywhere.
- Finance can simplify project accounting with time and expense tracking governance, project costing, budgeting, invoicing, revenue recognition, compliance, and visibility into key business health metrics such as gross margin and project profitability.
Project Operations is powerful on its own, but also expandable by our customers who require additional capabilities from Dynamics 365, including Marketing, Human Resources, Customer Service, and more. Whether you want the additional functionality of another Dynamics 365 application or to add on a custom application built with Power Apps, everything works together and works like you expect because they share a common foundation—and the security, privacy, and compliance of a cloud-delivered solution.