Support cloud printing using Microsoft Universal Print
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users, automatically||Mar 2021||Apr 2021|
Universal Print is a Microsoft 365 service that modernizes print management and delivers a simple, straightforward printing experience. With Business Central supporting cloud printing via Universal Print, you can now send documents and reports to any of the printers defined in your Universal Print management page.
This feature adds a native extension that enables cloud printing using the newly released Microsoft Universal Print technology. This is in addition to our existing email printing capabilities for supported devices (like HP ePrint and more) and third-party extensions previously built by Business Central partners (including PrintNode support and more).
With Universal Print and Business Central together, you can:
- Enhance Business Central with printing experience powered by Microsoft 365 cloud.
- Unblock the move to the cloud and support printing for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) users without a complex, hybrid print setup.
- Print only to devices users have access to.
- Eliminate the need to manage print servers or install printer drivers, including existing printers (via a software connector, connector appliance, or directly).
- Print from anywhere when connected to the internet and authenticated to Azure AD.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the forum at https://aka.ms/bcideas.