Support cloud printing using Microsoft Universal Print
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to New and Planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users, automatically||Mar 1, 2021||Apr 1, 2021|
Universal Print is a Microsoft 365 service that modernizes print management and delivers a simple, straightforward printing experience. With Business Central supporting cloud printing via Universal Print, you can now send documents and reports to any of the printers defined in your Universal Print management page.
This feature adds a native extension that enables cloud printing using the newly released Universal Print technology from Microsoft. This is in addition to our existing email printing capabilities for supported devices (like HP ePrint and more) and third-party extensions already built by Business Central partners (including PrintNode support and more).
With Universal Print and Business Central together, you can:
- Enhance Business Central with printing experience powered by Microsoft 365 cloud.
- Unblock the move to the cloud and support printing for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) users without a complex, hybrid print setup.
- Print only to devices users have access to.
- Eliminate the need to manage print servers or install printer drivers, including existing printers (via a software connector, connector appliance, or directly).
- Print from anywhere when connected to the internet and authenticated to Azure AD.
Learn more about Universal Print.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the forum at https://aka.ms/bcideas.
Set Up Printers (docs)