Preview: Analyze customer calls to improve sales
Applies to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement version 9.1.0.
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
A preview feature is a feature that is not complete, but is made available before it’s officially in a release so customers can get early access and provide feedback. Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have limited or restricted functionality.
Sales calls are one of the most important part of your business as these calls help you to change the shape of your business by improving sales and generating revenue. Dynamics 365 Sales Insights provides you with Call intelligence, an intelligent solution to analyze these calls. Analyzing the data from Call intelligence helps you to:
- Increase sales wins.
- Reduce new salesperson training time.
- Increase productivity gains for the business.
The configuration of Call intelligence is not available for you in the preview. To set-up Call intelligence, email Microsoft Call intelligence team.
As a sales manager, when you can open the Call intelligence page you can view the overall team performance and the individual performances of sales reps across all sales calls. This helps you to:
- Assess overall customer sentiments and sentiment trends.
- Identify keywords that customers has used during calls.
- Identify competitor names that customers bring up during calls.
- Assess your team's contributions toward customer sentiment.
- Gain insight into what’s going on with your team.
- Identify potential sales reps who might need coaching.
- Drill down into the sales rep view and analyze the data such as conversational KPIs, insights, and customer sentiment generated by sales reps.
- Analyze call transcripts and identify the areas where sales reps need coaching.
To view the KPIs and insights of Call intelligence, go to Call intelligence in the Dynamics 365 AI for Sales app.
View team information
When you open call intelligence, the application displays the Teams tab that provides insights on the team based on certain parameters such as customer sentiments, content, and conversational KPIs. You can assess these parameters of each individual and identify sales reps who might need coaching.
|1. Total calls recorded and Total call recording duration||Specifies the total calls that were recorded during the specified time and the total duration of the recorded calls.|
|2. Calls where tracker is mentioned and Calls where competitor is mentioned||Specifies the number of calls in which the defined keywords are mentioned and number of calls where the defined competitors are mentioned.|
|3. Date filter||Provides a timeline for which you want to view the data of your team.|
|4. Insights||Displays what’s happening in your team and the latest trends such as sales reps who are scoring high in customer satisfaction, who might need coaching based on the customer sentiments they are generating, and keywords that are trending.|
|5. Sentiment||• Overall customer sentiment: Specifies the customer sentiment in percentage—positive, negative, or neutral.
• Sentiment over time: Displays how the three customer sentiments (positive, negative, and neutral) are spanning across the specified timeframe.
• Customer sentiment generated by sales rep: Specifies how each of your sales reps contributed toward generating the overall customer sentiment. Also, shows which sales rep has the highest or lowest contributions.
|6. Content||• Trackers mentioned by customers: Displays the defined keywords that customers use most during conversations with sales reps.
• Competition mentioned by customers: Displays the defined competitor names that customers use most during conversations with sales reps.
|7. Conversation style||• Listening and talking ratio: Specifies the average listen and talk ratio of sales reps in conversations with customers.
• Highest average switch rate: Displays the average switches between a sales rep and customer in a conversation; this is a sign of engagement during conversations.
• Average talking speed: Displays the average number of words used per minute by sales reps.
• Average pause before speaking: Displays how many milliseconds the sales rep paused before responding to customer queries; this is a signal of patience by the sales rep.
• Average longest monologue by customer: Displays the length of speech without a break by the customer with a sales rep in seconds; this is a signal that sales reps are asking good questions and showing understanding of customer needs.
View sales rep information
Open the Sales rep tab to drill down into each individual sales rep to assess their performance and identify areas where the sales rep requires coaching. Also, you can get a quick peek into the customer sentiments and conversational KPIs across all the calls for the sales rep. You can filter a specific call that has negative customer sentiment and view the transcript of the call. You can look at the keywords and sentiments across the timeline of the call, go to a moment, and look at the call transcript. You can provide coaching comments to sales reps through emails.
Select the name of the sales rep from the drop-down list to view that rep's performance information.
|1. Basic information||Displays the basic information of the sales rep such as average talking speed, switch per conversations, average pause, and longest customer monologue.
Date filter: Provides a timeline for which you want to view the data of your team.
|2. Insights||Displays what’s happening with the sales rep and the latest trends such as customer sentiments and keywords that are trending.|
|3. Customer sentiment level||Displays the customer sentiments (positive, negative, and neutral) for each call that the sales rep handled.|
|4. Talk to listen ratio||Displays the average talk and listen ratio of the sales rep during calls with a customer.|
|5. Sentiment over time||Displays how the three customer sentiments (positive, negative, and neutral) are behaving and spanning across the specified timeframe for the sales rep.|
|6. Call details||Displays the sentiments and keywords across the call.|
|7. Most used keywords||Displays the defined keywords that customers used most during conversations with the sales rep.|
|8. Calls||Displays the list of calls handled by the sales rep. Select the call to display the transcript and timeline.|
|9. Transcript||Provides a written record of the call.|