Create and use agent experience profiles
The Omnichannel Administration app won't be supported after April 30, 2022, and will be deprecated in a future release. We recommend that you use the Omnichannel admin center app. The latest features, such as unified routing and voice channel, can be configured and used only in this admin app. For more information about the deprecation announcement, see Omnichannel Administration app is deprecated.
By default, the following app profiles are available out of the box for Customer Service workspace and Omnichannel for Customer Service. These profiles can't be deleted or modified. When no app profile is assigned to an agent, the default profile is assigned.
- Omnichannel for Customer Service - default profile
- Customer Service workspace - default profile
- Customer Service workspace + channels - default profile
The app profile manager is available in Power Apps where you'll create the app profiles.
Make sure you have the App Profile Manager Administrator role. More information: Security roles
To create agent experience profiles in Customer Service admin center, the Basic User role is also required.
Create agent experience profiles in Customer Service admin center
By using profiles, you can create targeted app experiences for agents and supervisors. Profiles help access the features that your agents and supervisors can use in their daily tasks to resolve customer issues.
To create the agent experience profile
In the site map, select Workspaces in Agent experience.
Select Manage for Agent experience profiles.
Select New, and enter the following details on the Create a new agent experience profile dialog.
- Name: The app profile name.
- Unique name: A unique identifier in the <prefix>_<name> format.
- Description: A description for the profile.
Assign users to the profile
To assign users to the profile
- Go to the profile that you created.
- On the page that appears, select Add users.
- On the Add users dialog, select the users in the Available users list, and then select Add. Alternatively, you can search for the users using the Search box. The assigned users are listed on the profile page.
Assign templates, configure productivity pane, channels
Use the options on the profile page to configure the templates that'll define the session behavior. You can turn on the productivity pane and the productivity tools that the agents can access when they work on their assigned tasks. You can also turn on the inbox view so that agents can view all their work items on one screen, that help in prioritizing tasks and working on multiple items more efficient. You can also enable the channels and select third-party voice channel providers.
To assign templates and configure productivity pane and channels
Select the profile that you need to update.
On the page that appears, select Add entity session template.
On the Entity session templates dialog, use the Search box to search for the session template.
Select the required template from the search results, and select Save and close.
On the profile page, in Productivity pane, select Turn On. The options for productivity pane appear.
On the Productivity pane dialog, for Productivity pane, turn on the toggle. The additional settings are enabled.
Turn on the toggle for the following settings:
- Default mode
- Smart assist
- Agent scripts
- Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge search
Select Save and close.
On the profile page, select Edit for Inbox. By default the Inbox view is turned off.
- On the Inbox dialog, turn on the toggle.
- Select Save and close.
On the profile page, for Channel providers, select Edit.
- On the Channel providers dialog, turn on the All active channels toggle.
- Optionally, select a channel provider in the Third party voice channel providers section.
- Select Save and close.
Create an app profile in Power Apps
- Sign in to Power Apps.
- Select the environment in which you want to create the app profiles.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Home page, go to Your apps section.
- In the left pane, select Apps.
- Select More commands beside Omnichannel for Customer Service or Customer Service workspace, and then select App profile manager on the menu that appears.
- In the left pane, select App profiles.
- On the App profile manager page, select New profile.
- On the New profile pane, specify the following:
Name: The app profile name.
Unique name: A unique identifier in the <prefix>_<name> format.
The following are required for the unique name:
- The prefix can only be alphanumeric and its length must be between 3 to 8 characters.
- An underscore must be used between the prefix and name.
Description: A description for the profile.
For an app profile, you can add only one session template for each entity type. Typically, you will add one session template for each entity type, such as one each session template for accounts, contacts, and cases.
The settings that you enable for the app profile will be available for agents and supervisor only when you configure the corresponding templates and settings in the Customer Service Hub app or Omnichannel Administration app. For example, channels must be provisioned in Omnichannel for Customer Service and channel instances must be configured.
In the App profiles section, select the app profile to which you want to assign templates.
On the Session templates, select Add entity session template.
Search for the template you want to add and select it. Make sure that the selected template is based on Entity type. More information: Manage session templates
Do the following on the Productivity pane tab:
- If you want to enable productivity tools, set the toggle to on for Turn on productivity pane.
- Select the default mode as collapsed or expanded.
- In the Productivity tools section, set the toggle to on for the following:
- Smart assist tool configuration
- Knowledge search tool configuration
- Agent scripts to allow access to smart assist configuration and agent scripts.
On the Channels tab, set the toggle to on for All active channels. The channels configured in Omnichannel for Customer Service will be available for the user to whom the profile is assigned.
The toggle for channels will be enabled in the out-of-the-box app profile for Omnichannel for Customer Service.
To add a third-party channel provider, in the Voice channels section, select Add channel providers, search for the configured channel, and select it.
If a channel does not exist, select Create a new channel provider in Unified Interface. The channel configuration page opens on a new tab. More information: Configure channel provider using app profile manager
- Only telephony or voice channels are supported.
- A number of voice channel providers can be configured at a time.
Configure the inbox view
For an app profile, you can enable the inbox view in the Customer Service workspace or Omnichannel for Customer Service apps. From the inbox, users can view their conversations and cases.
- On the App profiles page, select the profile for which you want to enable the inbox.
- Select the Inbox tab, and then toggle Turn on inbox view to On.
Assign profiles to users
- On the App profiles page, select the profile that you want to assign to a user.
- On the <profile_name> page, select Assign users on the command bar, and select OK on the message dialog box. The profile opens on a new tab.
- On the General tab, select Add Existing User.
- On the Lookup Records pane, search and select the user.
You can select Assign users on the <profile_name> page to view the list of users who have been assigned to the profile.
Default profile assignment
When users are assigned roles corresponding to Customer Service workspace or Omnichannel for Customer Service, the default app profiles are assigned as follows.
- Customer Service workspace: The out-of-the-box app profile is assigned to users with the following roles:
- CSR Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Omnichannel for Customer Service: The out-of-the-box app profile is assigned to users with the following roles:
- Omnichannel administrator
- Omnichannel supervisor
- Omnichannel agent
More information: Roles and privileges associated with app profile manager
Submit and view feedback for