Edit Posted Documents
Sometimes you have to update a posted document because information that is relevant to the document has changed. On a posted sales document, this can be the shipping agent's package tracking number, for example. On a posted purchase document, this can be a payment reference text.
You perform the change on an editable version of the original document, indicated by "- Update" in the page title. The page contains a subset of the fields on the original document, of which some are non-editable fields that are shown for information only.
The functionality is available for the following documents in all country versions:
- Posted Sales Shipment
- Posted Purchase Invoice
- Posted Return Shipment
- Posted Return Receipt
The following additional documents can be edited in selected country versions:
- ES: Posted Sales Invoice, Posted Sales Credit Memo, Posted Purchase Credit Memo
- APAC: Posted Sales Credit Memo, Posted Purchase Credit Memo
- RU: Posted Sales Credit Memo
- IT: Posted Transfer Shipment, Posted Service Shipment
To edit a posted sales shipment
The following explains how to edit a posted sales shipment. The steps are similar for the other supported documents.
- Choose the icon, enter Posted Sales Shipments, and then choose the related link.
- Select the document that you want to edit, and then choose the Update Document action. Alternatively, open the document and then choose the action.
- On the Posted Sales Shipment - Update page, edit the Package Tracking No. field, for example.
- Choose the OK button.
The posted sales shipment is updated.