Getting Started with C/SIDE and AL for On-Premises
To get started with a mixed development environment of C/SIDE and AL, you must follow the steps below.
Steps to install Business Central on-premises with C/SIDE and AL development environment
- Install Business Central on-premises and make sure to include the AL Development Environment.
- Download Visual Studio Code.
- From Visual Studio Code, locate Extensions in the left navigation bar, and then choose Install from vsix.
- Browse to the equivalent folder of
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\130\AL Development Environmentand then choose Install.
- Now, press Alt+A, Alt+L to trigger the AL Go! command, choose a project, and then choose Your own server.
- Authenticate with the credentials you use for signing into Business Central on-premises.
- In the launch.json file, update the
"server": "http://localhost"setting with the URL for server running Business Central on-premises and save the file.
- In the app.json file, add the
- Now, use the Business Central Administration Console to ensure that the settings on the Development tab are set as follows:
- Allowed Extension Target Level is set to Internal.
- Enable Developer Service Endpoint checkbox is selected.
- Enable Loading Application Symbol References at Server Startup checkbox is selected.
- Make sure to read and ensure any additional settings here Running C/SIDE and AL Side-by-Side.
For information about which sandboxes you can choose, see Choosing Your Dynamics 365 Business Central Development Sandbox Environment.
Build and get inspired by our sample library on GitHub.