Sample: Book an appointment
This sample applies to both Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises) and Common Data Service.
How to run this sample
To obtain a local copy of all samples and build them, do the following:
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the instance/organization you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which instance/org you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
What this sample does
BookRequest message is intended to be used in a scenario to book or schedule an appointment.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks the current version of the org.
- Gets the current user information and creates the ActivityParty instance.
Creates the appointment instance using the BookRequest message and verifies that the appointment has been scheduled or not.
Display an option to delete the records created in the Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the entities and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.