Effective November 2020:
- Common Data Service has been renamed to Microsoft Dataverse. For more information, see Power Automate Blog.
- Some terminology in Microsoft Dataverse has been updated. For example, entity is now table and field is now column. For more information, see Terminology updates.
This topic will be updated soon to reflect the latest terminology.
This topic provides general troubleshooting information for dual-write integration between Finance and Operations apps and Common Data Service.
Some of the issues that this topic addresses might require either the system admin role or Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant admin credentials. The section for each issue explains whether a specific role or credentials are required.
When you try to install the dual-write package by using the package deployer tool, no available solutions are shown
Some versions of the package deployer tool are incompatible with the dual-write solution package. To successfully install the package, be sure to use version 126.96.36.199 or later of the package deployer tool.
After you install the package deployer tool, install the solution package by following these steps.
Download the latest solution package file from Yammer.com. After the package zip file is downloaded, right-click it, and select Properties. Select the Unblock check box, and then select Apply. If you don't see the Unblock check box, the zip file is already unblocked, and you can skip this step.
Extract the package zip file, and copy all the files in the Dynamics365FinanceAndOperationsCommon.PackageDeployer.2.0.438 folder.
Paste all the copied files into the Tools folder of the package deployer tool.
Run PackageDeployer.exe to select the Common Data Service environment and install the solutions.
Enable and view the plug-in trace log in Common Data Service to view error details
Required role to turn on the trace log and view errors: System admin
To turn on the trace log, follow these steps.
- Sign in to the model-driven app in Dynamics 365, open the Settings page, and then, under System, select Administration.
- On the Administration page, select System Settings.
- On the Customization tab, in the Plug-in and custom workflow activity tracing field, select All to enable the plug-in trace log. If you want to log trace logs only when exceptions occur, you can select Exception instead.
To view the trace log, follow these steps.
- Sign in to the model-driven app in Dynamics 365, open the Settings page, and then, under Customization, select Plug-in Trace Log.
- Find the trace logs where the Type Name field is set to Microsoft.Dynamics.Integrator.DualWriteRuntime.Plugins.PreCommmitPlugin.
- Double-click an item to view the full log, and then, on the Execution FastTab, review the Message Block text.
Enable debug mode to troubleshoot live synchronization issues in Finance and Operations apps
Required role to view the errors: System admin Dual-write errors that originate in Common Data Service can appear in the Finance and Operations app. In some cases, the full text of the error message isn't available because the message is too long or contains personally identifying information (PII). You can turn on verbose logging for errors by following these steps.
All project configurations in Finance and Operations apps have an IsDebugMode property in the DualWriteProjectConfiguration entity. Open the DualWriteProjectConfiguration entity by using the Excel add-in.
An easy way to open the entity is to turn on Design mode in the Excel add-in and then add DualWriteProjectConfigurationEntity to the worksheet. For more information, see Open entity data in Excel and update it by using the Excel add-in.
Set the IsDebugMode property to Yes for the project.
Run the scenario that is generating errors.
The verbose logs are available in the DualWriteErrorLog table. To look up data in the table browser, use the following URL (replace XXX as appropriate):
Check synchronization errors on the virtual machine for the Finance and Operations app
Required role to view the errors: System administrator
- Sign in to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS).
- Open the LCS project that you chose to do the dual-write testing for.
- Select the Cloud-hosted environments tile.
- Use Remote Desktop to sign in to the virtual machine (VM) for the Finance and Operations app. Use the local account that is shown in LCS.
- Open Event viewer.
- Select Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Dynamics > AX-DualWriteSync > Operational.
- Review the list of recent errors.
Unlink and link another Common Data Service environment from a Finance and Operations app
Required role to unlink the environment: System administrator for either Finance and Operations app or Common Data Service.
- Sign in to the Finance and Operations app.
- Go to Workspaces > Data management, and select the Dual Write tile.
- Select all running mappings, and then select Stop.
- Select Unlink environment.
- Select Yes to confirm the operation.
You can now link a new environment.
Unable to view the sales order line Information form
When you create a sales order in Dynamics 365 Sales, clicking on + Add products might redirect you to the Dynamics 365 Project Operations order line form. There is no way from that form to view the sales order line Information form. The option for Information does not appear in the dropdown below New Order Line. This happens because Project Operations has been installed in your environment.
To re-enable the Information form option, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Order Line entity.
- Find the Information form under the forms node.
- Select the Information form and click Enable security roles.
- Change the security setting to Display to everyone.