Track user sign-ins
Many organizations are required to maintain an audit trail of users who have used the system. This requirement can be in place for compliance reasons, or to enable trackbacks in the event of incorrect use.
In Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, the Audit log form recorded which users accessed the Microsoft Dynamics AX environment. In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations apps, this information is captured in telemetry. IT administrators can download this information by using Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS) and then move it to offline storage to maintain the audit trail of users who have signed in.
To generate an audit log of users who have used the system, follow these steps.
- Sign in to LCS, and open the project that is associated with your implementation.
- Navigate to the production environment, and open the Environment details page.
- On the Monitoring tab, select the Environment monitoring link to open the monitoring dashboard.
- On the Activity tab, select View raw logs.
- In the Query field, select User Login Events. You see a time duration that has a start date that is set to End date - 7 days.
- Set the end date, and then select Search. The search results that are returned include all users who signed in to the system during the seven days before the selected end date.
- The search results show the AADUserID value and the sign-in start and end times of the user's session. To map the AADUserID value to the user's user name and email address, use the Users page (System administration > Users).
- To export the records and keep them for a longer period, select Export grid.
To help guarantee a complete audit trail, an IT administrator must complete this procedure every seven days.
Submit and view feedback for