CRM platform assessment tool
The CRM platform assessment tool is used to collect relevant technical information about your CRM deployment and assist Microsoft with requisite data in performing your assessment.
The tool queries the metadata within an on-premises CRM instance and extracts relevant information used to determine the risks and effort involved with moving online. A companion tool renders the output of this tool and can populate predefined templates for use in the standard migration assessment.
The tool is run by your Microsoft solution architect or database administrator via a desktop sharing session, or by a staff member of your choosing who has sysadmin and public roles access to your CRM SQL database. Once connected to your CRM SQL database, the Collect Data feature of the tool runs a series of SQL queries that generate output files that Microsoft will collect for the purpose of running our analysis.
The CRM platform assessment tool supports Dynamics CRM 2011 and later.
Why are we running the tool?
- Migration readiness: Identifying your organization's readiness for a migration.
- Cloud platform readiness: Identifying your organization's readiness for life in the cloud.
- Customization readiness: Identifying customizations that will need attention after your Dynamics 365 upgrade.
- Your CRM overview: An executive-level overview of your CRM system.
Prerequisites for running the tool
Prior to running the platform assessment tool, we advise the client to do the following:
- Read the instructions prior to unzipping the downloaded package file.
- Run the tool as a local administrator on a computer that can browse to your SQL Server.
- Run the tool as a user that has sysadmin and public roles on your CRM database, or provide SQL credentials for a SQL user with the required credentials.
To successfully run the platform assessment tool, we advise the client not to stop the tool while it’s running.
On-premises migration program overview
Standard migration assessment
Business-ready enhancement plan
Moving from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 in the cloud
Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 feature comparison
Video: Dynamics 365 migration program