Leave and absence overview
Applies to these Dynamics 365 apps:
Dynamics 365 Human Resources helps you provide great leave benefits to your workers. The Leave and absence workspace provides a flexible framework for creating new leave plans. It also provides workflows for managing requests and an intuitive self service page for employees to request time off. Analytics help your organization measure and monitor leave balances and usage for your leave plans.
Set up Leave and absence
Before creating leave plans for your employees, you need to do a few setup steps:
- Configure leave and absence parameters
- Create a working time calendar
- Create a leave request workflow
Create and manage leave plans
Before creating leave plans for your workers, you need to create leave and absence types. After you create a leave plan, you can then enroll workers into the plan. You can also run the accrue process, create alerts, and view analytics for your plans.
- Configure leave and absence types
- Create a leave and absence plan
- Assign workers to a leave plan
- Accrue leave and absence plans
- View analytics for leave and absence
Request time off and manage requests
Your employees can submit time off requests, and you can manage them, in the Employee self service workspace.