What's new April 2021 - Project Operations lite deployment
Applies To: Lite deployment - deal to proforma invoicing
This topic applies to the following Dynamics 365 Project Operations components and versions:
- Project Operations on Dataverse environment version 220.127.116.11
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release:
- Non-stocked materials for projects. Key capabilities include:
- Estimating and pricing non-stocked materials during the sales cycle for a project. For more information, see Set up cost and sales rates for catalog products - lite.
- Tracking the use of non-stocked materials during project delivery. For more information, see Record material usage on projects and project tasks.
- Invoicing used non-stocked material costs. For more information, see Manage the billing backlog - lite.
- New APIs in Dynamics 365 Dataverse allow create, update, and delete operations with Scheduling entities. For more information, see Use Schedule APIs to perform operations with Scheduling entities.
|Feature area||Reference number||Quality update|
|Billing and pricing||2224568||Added logic to enable customizations that involve invoking the invoice confirmation plug-in.|
|Billing and pricing||2101098||Improved the logic of default fields to proforma invoice: Bill-to Address, Bill to Name, and Payment Terms now default from the corresponding project contract customer record.|
|Billing and pricing||2021413||Updated the Actual Cost and Sales fields on the Task entity to include sales values from unbilled and billed expenses on tasks.|
|Billing and pricing||2182110||When copying a project contract, the contract line ID is regenerated in the destination project contract to ensure it's unique.|
|Opportunity Management||2186741||Added validations to ensure the Origin field and Transaction Type can't be updated on existing quote line details.|
|Opportunity Management||2191353||Milestones must not be created on a time and material contract line.|
|Opportunity Management||2216956||Fixed issues with Update Prices.|
|Planning and Tracking||2182979||Project copy function improved to ensure the expense estimate lines are copied from the original project.|
|Planning and Tracking||2184144||Project copy function improved to ensure the resource position name is copied from the original project.|
|Planning and Tracking||2184799||Project copy: Tightened control to ensure the estimated start date can't be changed while copying is in progress.|
|Planning and Tracking||2185134||Project copy: Destination project estimated start date is set to today's date.|
|Planning and Tracking||2196373||Project copy: Ensure the project manager and team member records aren't duplicated in the project team.|
|Planning and Tracking||2211833||Project copy: Resource assignments are copied from the source project task to the destination project.|
|Planning and Tracking||2186541||Fixed issues in the Estimates grid when grouping by resource.|
|Planning and Tracking||2166906||The transaction category from a task must be copied to the Resource Assignment entity.|
|Resource Management||2125362||Fixed issues with creating a generic team member using an hours-based allocation method.|
|Time and Expense||2113603||Fixed the customization-related issue with removing attributes from the Time Entry page. The system now checks if the attribute exists on the page before accessing them by using a script.|
|Time and Expense||2204377||Copied timesheets must show automatically when you select Copy Week during time entry.|
|Time and Expense||2209059||Status field can be edited for Dynamics 365 Field Service time entries.|