Preview: Send email using the enhanced email experience
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
The enhanced email experience in Dynamics 365 Sales allows sales reps to compose an email without leaving the record they’re working on. With the enhanced email experience, you can:
- Navigate to different pages without losing the email content.
- Minimize the email window to get back to the records you were working on.
- Expand the email editor pop-up window to see more email options.
- Simultaneously open three email compose pop-up windows.
- Search for and apply a predefined template to an email you're composing.
- Insert attachments to email.
- The enhanced email experience is only available in the Sales Hub app.
- System administrators must enable the enhanced email experience before you can use it.
A preview feature is a feature that is not complete, but is made available before it’s officially in a release so customers can get early access and provide feedback. Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have limited or restricted functionality.
We expect changes to this feature, so you shouldn’t use it in production. Use it only in test and development environments.
Compose an email using the enhanced experience:
In the Timeline section of the account, contact, lead, or opportunity records, select + and then under Activities, select Email.
A new email pop-up window opens.
The From and To fields are automatically populated based on the user and the account and contact of the original record.
Write your email from scratch or select Insert Template to search for and apply a template.
Select Attach file if you want to add attachments.
Select Insert signature to search for and add your signature.
When you're done, select Send.
- The enhanced email experience is available only for email activities created from the Timeline section of the Sales Hub app.
- The enhanced email pop-up window opens only when the height and width of your screen size is at least 600 x 840 pixels or greater. If lower, you will be taken to the standard form instead of the enhanced email experience.