Configure a one-box development environment
This article describes recommended configurations of your one-box developer environment.
- Start Visual Studio, and on the toolbar, click Dynamics 365 **> **Options.
- Expand the Microsoft Dynamics node, and then click Projects.
- Verify that the Organize projects by element type check box is selected, and click *OK.*
- To view the line numbers in your code editor, select Tools > Options > Text Editor > All Languages.
- Select the Line numbers check box.
For better performance of the X++ debugger, you might want to turn off IntelliTrace. IntelliTrace collects the complete execution history of an application. It is not supported for X++ debugging and causes performance issues in the IDE when debugging large packages like Application Suite. To turn off Intellitrace, click Options > IntelliTrace > Enable IntelliTrace, clear the check box, and then click OK. Note that Intellitrace is only available in the Enterprise version of Visual Studio 2015.