In Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services, Customization analysis offers Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 customers an automated tool that validates the customer’s model files against Microsoft Dynamics AX best-practice rules for tables, classes, forms, and enums. It then generates reports, including a summary report display on the site, a detailed Microsoft Excel report that lists all issues, and a developer report that the developer can load in the Microsoft Dynamics AX development environment.
You must have Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 model files to be analyzed. For more information about model files, see How to: Export and Import a Model.
To use Customization analysis, you must upload model files and then evaluate the reports to determine what changes you want to make.
Upload model files
- Go to Lifecycle Services.
- Open a project, and then click the Customization analysis tile.
- Click Add, and then, on the Customization analysis: Create job page, enter a name, the appropriate version of Microsoft Dynamics AX, and the appropriate build.
- Click Create.
- Click Add files, browse to the model that you want to analyze, and click Upload. You can upload multiple model files to analyze.
- Click Analyze Code. The site processes the files, and then generates reports. During processing, status indicators update. Note: You can leave the page while processing continues. Processing may take 10 minutes or longer.
Customization analysis checks your model files against the Microsoft Dynamics AX best-practice rules for tables, classes, forms, and enums. It then generates detailed reports of instances where your code deviates from those rules. After processing is complete, you can select the reports that you would like to review. Customization analysis provides the following types of reports:
- An HTML Customization Analysis report that you can view in a browser.
- An Excel file that you can use to review the errors that are generated. To view this report, click View, and then open the file.
- An HTML developer report that you can open in a Microsoft Dynamics AX developer environment. To view this report in the Microsoft Dynamics AX development environment, perform the following steps:
- Click View. The file will open in a browser window.
- Save the report to a computer in your development environment.
- In the Compiler output window, click Import, and select the file to open it.
- You can double-click any line within the report to open the object and line with the reported issue.
Remove a customization job
To remove a job from the list of customizations for a project, hover over the job name, then click the box to the left, and click the Remove button.