AX 2009 migration – Import packages
Data can be imported for a group of logically related entities that are sequenced in the correct order. You have three options for importing Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 data that you want to migrate to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations:
- AX 2009
- Finance and Operations
You can import data for migration directly from the source system. Follow these steps.
- In AX 2009, in the navigation pane, click Data migration.
- Go to Common > Create migration group.
- In the Migration group form, select the migration group to export, and then click Export now.
- In the Export data form, select the Import package in target check box, and then click OK.
Finance and Operations
You can import data for migration by using your Finance and Operations environment. Follow these steps.
- Sign in to your Finance and Operations environment by using an Administrator role.
- On the dashboard, select the Data Management workspace.
- Select Import.
- Enter the name of the package, and then, in the Source data format field, select Package.
- Select Upload, and then select the appropriate package file from the location for the data that is being imported. All the files from the package are imported.
Send feedback about: