Import fiscal documents for Brazil
This topic describes the functionality for direct import fiscal documents that is available for the Brazilian localization.
You can issue a direct import fiscal document when you create a purchase order to import items from a foreign vendor. An import fiscal document records transit information about the items that you import. The import fiscal document is used to release items from customs and to validate the entry of the items in the warehouse of the legal entity. You must specify the import declaration information (the addition number and import declaration number) for a purchase order that is issued to import items from a foreign vendor before you post the purchase order. A direct import fiscal document includes the following information:
- Calculation of Brazilian taxes for the direct import fiscal document
- Introductory information about the import declaration
- Generation of the NF-e (Brazilian electronic fiscal document model 55)
- A printed DANFE document
- Integration with the Fiscal books module
Note: You can also issue an import fiscal document when you create a purchase order to import services from a foreign vendor. When you import a service, it's not required that you specify the import declaration number and addition number for the vendor invoice. Before you can generate an import fiscal document, you must select the Generate incoming fiscal document option for the foreign vendor on the Vendors page. You can use Cancel to cancel an incorrect import fiscal document. You can use Inquire to load all fiscal documents, together with the related information, onto the Fiscal document viewer page.
Before you can create and post a direct import fiscal document, you must set the following parameters in the Import declaration field group on the Fiscal document tab of the Brazilian parameters page:
- Line amount is based on – Select one of the following values:
- FOB – The line amount in the fiscal document is equal to the gross line amount.
- CIF + II – The Line amount in the fiscal document is equal to the gross line amount plus all miscellaneous charges (except SISCOMEX and customer miscellaneous charges) that are related to the setup of the import process for the vendor invoice line.
- Text ID – Select the text that is used to print import declaration information as additional information in the printed fiscal document or DANFE.
After you've created and confirmed the purchase order for a foreign vendor, and before the vendor invoice is posted, you can enter information about the import declaration. On the Foreign trade page, select the import declaration number that you previously created, or create a new import declaration number.
|Import declaration number||The identification number of the import declaration.|
|Date||The date when the import declaration is issued.|
|Port||The identification code of the port where the imported item is loaded.|
|Description (port description)||The name and description of the port.|
|Port state||The state where the port is located.|
|DI type||The type of import declaration:
|Nationalization date||The date when the item is nationalized in Brazil.|
|Draw back number||The identification code of the draw-back operation.|
|Transport mode||The type of transportation.|
|ARFMM||The amount of additional freight for transportation of the Marine type.|
For this scenario, you must create and post a direct import fiscal document.
|Background||The company imports items and must issue an entrance nota fiscal for the imported items with the correct taxes calculated for the items to be released in Customs. The following people/roles are involved: