Propose and post the impairment amount by using fixed asset journal (Japan)
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
Use this procedure to learn how to propose and post the impairment amount by using a fixed asset journal.
Be sure an impairment test result is already created prior to running this task.
This procedure was created using the demo data company JPMF.
- Go to Fixed assets > Journal entries > Fixed assets journal.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, click the drop-down button to open the lookup.
- In the list, find and select the desired record.
- Click Lines.
- Click Proposals.
- Click Impairment proposal.
- In the Impairment test ID field, click the drop-down button to open the lookup.
- In the list, click the link in the selected row.
- For this example select 'JPMF-000004.'
- Click OK.
- Two fixed assets in the Impairment test were proposed with the following information: Fixed asset number, the impairment amount on credit, and the date as the date in impairment test.
- Click Post.