Public sector home page
Finance and Operations enable business processes that are common to both the public and private sectors, such as budgeting, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable tasks.
Use the Public sector functionality to meet the rules, regulations, and reporting requirements for organizations that serve the public. The business processes affected include:
- Fund accounting, derived financial hierarchies, and posting definitions for accounts receivable and the general ledger.
- Preliminary budgets, apportionments, and commitments.
- Billing codes, billing classifications, trading partner codes, and custom fields for free text invoices.
- General ledger year-end processing, which includes encumbrances and commitments on purchase orders.
Electronic payments to vendors, signature pages for payment reports, and invoice payment holds.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Accounts payable in the Public sector
- Accounts receivable in the Public sector
- Budgeting in the Public sector
- Fixed assets in the Public sector
- French regulatory features
- General ledger in the Public sector
- Procurement and sourcing in the Public sector
- Security roles in the Public sector
* Applicable only if your organization is in France.
Why do I need the Public sector configuration key?
The Public sector configuration key enables pages and controls that supplement the core apps . You can enable or disable this key on the License configuration page.
How does the Public sector configuration key relate to other configuration keys?
The following table provides information about how this configuration key relates to other configuration keys.
|Child keys||Advanced ledger entry configuration key (AdvancedLedgerEntry) Public sector 1099G configuration key (Tax1099G) Public sector 1099S configuration key (Tax1099S) French regulatory configuration key|