Set up a fund in the public sector
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
Fund types must be created before you set up funds. Each fund must have a name and a unique number, and must be assigned a fund type and fund class. This procedure was created using the PSUS demo company data in the public sector partition.
- Go to General ledger > Chart of accounts > Funds > Funds.
- Click New.
- In the Fund number field, type a value.
- In the Fund name field, type a value.
- In the Fund type field, click the drop-down button to open the lookup.
- In the list, select the fund type for this fund.
- In the Fund class field, select an option.
- Set the Non-reporting fund option to Yes or No.
- Set the Major fund option to Yes or No.
- Set the Override selected year-end option to Yes or No.
- If you set the Override selected year-end option to Yes, select a year-end option.
- Click Save.