We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This procedure shows how you can add a new constraint expression to a product configuration model. It shows how you can mandate that corner protection must be applied to a speaker if the user has selected a front grill in metal. The procedure uses the High end speaker component in the demo company USMF.
Create an expression constraint
- Click Product variant model definition.
- Click Product configuration models.
- In the list, find and select the desired record.
- This example uses the high end speaker model.
- In the list, click the link in the selected row.
- Expand the Constraints section.
- Click Add.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- Click Edit expression.
- If you unlock the user interface in the task recording at this stage, you can use IntelliSense and the list of symbols to build the constraint expression .
- In the ConstraintBody field, enter 'Implies[FrontGrill=="Metal", CornerProtection] '.
- This expression logic states: If the Front grill is metal, then the corner protection option must be selected.
- Click Validate.
- The validate function runs through the constraint expression and checks for syntax errors.
- Click Close.
- Click OK.