Warehouse management overview
The Warehouse management module for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations lets you manage warehouse processes in manufacturing, distribution, and retail companies. This module has a wide range of features to support the warehouse facility at an optimal level, at any time. Warehouse management is fully integrated with other business processes in Finance and Operations such as transportation, manufacturing, quality control, purchase, transfer, sales, and returns.
To start working with Warehouse management, you need to complete the setup of the general warehouse parameters to support the business processes of you company.
- Go to the Warehouse management parameters page under Warehouse management > Setup to set up general warehouse parameters.
You must configure components for inbound and outbound warehouse process workflows according to business requirements. The most important components that you must configure are wave templates, work templates, work pools, and location directives.
- Warehouse configuration
- Control warehouse work by using work templates and location directives
- Set up mobile devices for warehouse work
- Set up a location directive for purchase order put-away
- Set up a work template for purchase orders
Warehouse management processes
- Integrated support for source documents for sales orders, returns, transfer orders, production orders, and kanban
- Flexible, inbound and outbound material workflow support based on queries
- Full integration with the Manufacturing and Transportation offerings
- Full control of location stocking limits and location volumetrics
- Inventory properties controlled by inventory status
- Full batch and serial item support
- Various item receiving capabilities
- Multiple picking strategies
- Out-of-the-box support for the next generation of barcode scanners
- Pallet/container types for warehouse processes
- Advanced counting capabilities
- Label printing and label routing with Zebra ZPL support
- Business intelligence integration into Power BI
- Manual and automatic movement of inventory
- Fully-integrated quality control (QMS)
- Full traceability of workers' material handling
- Outbound wave processing
- Manual packing and automatic containerization support
- Cluster picking
- Simple cross docking
What's new and in development
Go to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Roadmap to see what new features have been released and what new features are in development.
You can find opinions, news, and other information about Warehouse management and other solutions on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 blog.