What is FSLogix?
FSLogix enhances and enables user profiles in Windows remote computing environments. FSLogix may also be used to create more portable computing sessions when using physical devices.
- Profile Container
- Office Container
- Application Masking
- Java Version Control
FSLogix allows you to:
- Roam user data between remote computing session hosts
- Minimize sign in times for virtual desktop environments
- Optimize file IO between host/client and remote profile store
- Provide a local profile experience, eliminating the need for roaming profiles.
- Simplify the management of applications and 'Gold Images'
- Specify the version of Java to be utilized by specific URL and applications
- Redirect user profiles to a network location. Mounting and using the profile over the network eliminates delays often associated with solutions that copy profiles to and from the network location.
- Redirect only the portion of the profile that contains Office data by using Office Container. Office Container allows an organization already using an alternate profile solution to enable Office in pooled desktop environment.
- Applications use the profile as if it were on the local drive. Because the FSLogix solutions use a filter driver to redirect the profile, applications don't recognize that the profile is on the network. Obscuring the redirection is important because many applications won't work properly with a profile stored on remote storage.
- Profile Container is used with Cloud Cache to create resilient and highly available environments. Cloud Cache places a portion of the profile VHD on the local hard drive. Cloud Cache also allows an administrator to specify multiple remote profile locations. The Local Cache, with multiple remote profile containers, insulates users from network and storage failures.
- Application Masking manages access to an application, font, printer, or other items. Access can be controlled by user, IP Address range, and other criteria. Application Masking significantly decreases the complexity of managing large numbers of gold images.
You are eligible to use FSLogix if you have one of the following licenses:
- Microsoft 365 E3/E5
- Microsoft 365 A3/A5/ Student Use Benefits
- Microsoft 365 F1/F3
- Microsoft 365 Business
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3/E5
- Windows 10 Education A3/A5
- Windows 10 VDA per user
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Client Access License (CAL)
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Subscriber Access License (SAL)
- Azure Virtual Desktop per-user access license
FSLogix solutions may be used in any public or private datacenter, as long as the user is properly licensed. FSLogix operates on all Microsoft supported operating systems newer than, and including:
- Desktop - Windows 7
- Server - 2008 R2
- FSLogix solutions support both 32 bit and 64 bit where applicable
- In no instance are FSLogix solutions supported in an environment that is not supported by Microsoft, or the original software or equipment vendor
FSLogix solutions may have unique integration and advantages when used in conjunction with Azure Virtual Desktop
- Visit the AVD Tech Community to interact with the product team, support, and community participants.
- Make Suggestions and vote on feature requests: AVD Ideas Board
To get started, you'll need to download and install FSLogix then configure your environment for the desired solution(s):