Use the Microsoft Graph API to integrate people and workplace intelligence in an app
APIs under the
/beta version in Microsoft Graph are subject to change. Use of these APIs in production applications is not supported.
Microsoft Graph enables access to useful data about people, their profile, documents they interact with, and work patterns, and supports gestures in a user's social context.
Aggregate and extract specific information about people
Use the person resource and the People API to aggregate information about a person from across mail, contacts, and social networks. The results are ordered by their relevance based on multiple communication, collaboration, and business relationships. The API lets you browse, sort, select, filter, or search for persons based on your criteria.
Help users contextualize others in their organization
Feature: Profile (preview)
People who seek to contextualize others within their organization commonly view a person's profile or profile card.
The profile resource is a rich source of information about people within a tenant and provides a lightweight mechanism for storing and retrieving information about a person.
Help users get the most relevant documents for their work
Feature: Document insights
Use the insights API to identify the most relevant documents for a user:
- List documents trending around a user
- List documents used by a user
- List documents shared with or shared by a user
Feature: @-mentions (preview)
Calling out a recipient to notify and get the recipient's attention in a message is a common social gesture. The mention resource and the Mentions API provide a light-weight mechanism to call out a recipient in a message, get all the messages in which a user is notified using an @-mention, or get each mention in a message.
Create mentions in a new message
Get information about mentions in a message
Delete a mention in a message
Help users gain insights into their work patterns
Feature: Analytics (preview)
Use the analytics API to get activity statistics and related settings for a user:
- settings: For the analytics API to return results for a user, the current user analytics settings must show a valid MyAnalytics license, be opted in to using MyAnalytics, and have a cloud-hosted mailbox that’s graph-enabled.
- activityStatistics: Gets data for the last complete week (or the specified time range) for the Microsoft 365 activities that a user spent time on, including the number of hours spent on calls, chats (instant messages), email, and meetings during and outside of working hours and the number of hours available for focused work.
Find out about the latest new features and updates for these API sets.