Microsoft Graph tutorials
Microsoft Graph tutorials are step-by-step training exercises that guide you through creating a basic application that accesses data via Microsoft Graph. They are designed to be completed within 30 minutes (45 minutes including optional sections).
In these exercises, you create a basic command-line application that has the following features:
- Enables user authentication
- Accesses the user's profile
- Lists the user's mailbox
- Sends an email from the user's mailbox
- Enables app-only authentication
- Lists users in Azure Active Directory
Build your first app
To build your first app, choose a tutorial for your language.
If you prefer to download a completed project, you can do so from one of the following locations:
- The project's corresponding GitHub repository. Instructions for registering an application and configuring the sample are located in each repository.
- A Microsoft Graph quick start. A quick start automates registering an application for you and downloads the completed project already configured for user authentication. A quick start is available for all tutorials except Power Automate.
After you complete a tutorial, you can learn more on Microsoft Learn or explore our samples.
For a deeper dive into Microsoft Graph, explore our Microsoft Graph learning paths on Microsoft Learn:
- Microsoft Graph Fundamentals
- Build apps with Microsoft Graph - Associate
- Develop apps with Microsoft Graph Toolkit
If the tutorials aren't quite what you need, our Microsoft Graph samples cover more scenarios and platforms, such as web apps and mobile apps.
Submit and view feedback for