Getting Started with the IIS 7.0 PowerShell Snap-in
by Thomas Deml
The IIS PowerShell Provider is a PowerShell Snap-In that allows you to manage IIS configuration and run-time data. It gives easy access to Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications, Virtual Directories, request in flight, Worker Processes and .NET Application Domains within Worker Processes.
Follow the subsequent walkthroughs. They cover the comprehensive functionality of the IIS PowerShell Provider using common scenarios. It is recommended that you start with the basic walkthroughs first to understand how IIS PowerShell Provider works.
- Installing IIS PowerShell Snap-in
- Introduction to IIS PowerShell Snap-in Namespace
- Using Task-based Cmdlets
- Using the PowerShell Help System
- Creating Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Changing Simple Configuration Properties on Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications and Virtual Directories
- Adding and Changing Configuration Settings like Handlers and Modules
- Querying and Changing Run-time Data (Web-Site State, Application Pool State, Currently Executing Requests)
- Advanced Configuration Tasks
- Configuring SSL with the IIS PowerShell Snap-in