This article is intended to provide links to Quick Guides on deployment, configuration, provisioning and managing.
C# and PowerShell Scripts Samples constains links to all the Deployment, Configuration, and Provisioning Samples.
Deployment and Configuration
The following links provide valuable information on configuring and deploying.various applications:
- Installing and Configuring DNS Servers.
- Installing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Guide for Installing Active Directory DS Forest. Contains guides for installing though the User Windows Interface, Command Line, and Answer File.
- Preparation Activities for WDS. Contains a reference to Windows Deployment Services Role Step-by-Step Guide.
- Quick Guide for Shared Hosting Deployment. Includes the Web Server Role.
- Install and Configure FastCGI
- SQL Server 2005 Deployment Guidance for Web Hosting Environments
Provisioning and Managing
The following break down provisioning and managing by various tasks and applications:
Configuring a Web Server to Serve Content
Configuring Request Processing for a Web Server
- Create an Application Pool
- Start or Stop an Application Pool
- Configuring Recycling Settings for an Application Pool
Configuring HTTP Settings
Delegating Site and Application Management
- Create Site and Application Administrators for Delegation
- Delegate Web Site and Web Application Management
- Configuring the Web Management Service
Monitoring Activity on a Web Server
- View Currently Executing Requests in a Worker Process
- Create a Tracing Rule for Failed Requests
- Enable Trace Logging for Failed Requests