Installing apps on school devices
To install an app on a school device, you have to first assign it to a group. This article describes three ways to assign apps to student teachers.
After you assign an app, the app is sent to the appropriate device. App installation is initiated when the device checks in to Intune for Education.
Add apps to Intune for Education inventory
By default, popular apps are available in Intune for Education for immediate assignment. If the app you want to assign isn't in your inventory, learn how to add it to Intune for Education with one of the following articles:
- Microsoft Store for Education apps
- Free iOS App Store apps
- iOS VPP apps
- Windows 10 desktop apps
- Web apps
Assign apps with Express Configuration
Go to express configuration to assign multiple apps to a single group.
- From the Intune for Education dashboard, click Express Configuration.
- Choose the group you want to add apps to. Then click Next.
- Choose one or more apps to deploy to your group. Then click Next.
- The apps will automatically be assigned to your group. Continue through express configuration.
Assign apps to a single group
Select a group and install one or more apps to the devices in that group.
- From the Intune for Education dashboard, click Groups.
- Choose the groups you want to deploy the apps to.
- Go to the task bar at the top and click Apps to see a list of available apps.
- Choose one or more apps to deploy to your group.
- Choose Save to deploy the selected apps to that group. Installation will automatically begin the next time the device checks-in to Intune for Education.
Asign apps to multiple groups
Select an app and assign it to one or more groups for installation.
- From the Intune for Education dashboard, click Apps.
- From the list of apps on the left, choose the app you want to assign.
- Go to the task bar at the top and click Groups > Change group assignments.
- Choose the groups you want to assign the app to.