How do I install apps with Intune for Education?
Installing apps on Windows 10 devices is one of the ways that Intune for Education can help your users get more done. Apps are installed onto devices after being assigned to a group. Some popular apps are available by default, but if the app you want to assign isn't, you need to add it to Intune for Education before it can be assigned.
Intune for Education offers multiple ways to install apps onto devices.
Install apps for groups
This method lets you select a group and install one or more apps to the devices in that group.
- In the Intune for Education portal, choose Manage Groups to open the Groups blade.
- Choose the group to which you want to deploy apps.
- Choose Apps in the taskbar at the top to see a list of available apps.
- Choose the apps you want to deploy to that group. You can choose multiple apps.
- Choose Save to deploy the selected apps to that group.
Install apps with Express Configuration
This method lets you deploy multiple apps to a selected group using the Express Configuration process.
- In the Intune for Education portal, choose Express Configuration.
- Choose the Group you want to add apps to. Choose Next.
- Choose the apps you want to deploy to that group. Choose Next.
Install apps to multiple groups
This method lets you select an app and deploy it to one or more groups.
- In the Intune for Education portal, choose Apps.
- In the list of apps on the left, choose the app you want to deploy.
- Choose Groups from the tasks across the top, and then choose Change group assignments.
- From the list, choose the groups you want to deploy the app to.