Use Fresh Start to reset Windows 10 devices with Intune
|Applies to: Intune in the Azure portal|
|Looking for documentation about Intune in the classic portal? Go here.|
The Fresh Start device action removes any apps that were installed on a Windows 10 PC running the Creators Update, then automatically updates the PC to the latest version of Windows. This can be used to help remove pre-installed (OEM) apps that are often delivered with a new PC. You can configure if user data is retained when this device action is issued. In this case, apps and settings are removed, but the contents of the users Home folder are retained.
How to use Fresh Start
- Sign into the Azure portal.
- Choose More Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
- On the Intune blade, choose Devices.
- On the Devices and groups blade, choose All devices.
- From the list of devices you manage, choose a Windows 10 desktop device, and then choose the Fresh Start device remote action.
To see the status of the action you just took, on the Devices and groups blade, choose Device Actions.