Use Fresh Start to reset Windows 10 devices with Intune
The Fresh Start device action removes any apps that are installed on a PC running Windows 10, version 1703 or later. Fresh Start helps remove pre-installed (OEM) apps that are typically installed with a new PC.
- Sign in to the Azure portal and go to > Microsoft Intune > Devices > All devices.
- From the list of devices you manage, choose a Windows 10 desktop device.
- Click Fresh Start.
- Select Retain user data on this device to:
- Keep the device Azure AD joined
- Keep the device enrolled in mobile device management
- Keep the contents of the device user's Home folder, and remove apps and settings
If you do not retain user data, the device will be restored to its out-of-box state. It will be unenrolled from Azure AD and mobile device management.
- Click OK.
- To see the status of this action, go back to Devices and click Device actions.