Remotely restart devices with Intune
The Restart device action causes the device you choose to be restarted. The device owner isn't automatically notified of the restart, and they might lose work.
Windows - Supported on Windows 8.1 and later
Windows Phone - Supported on Windows Phone 8.1 and later
Android kiosk devices - Supported
iOS - Supported
This command requires a supervised device and the Device Lock access right. The device restarts immediately. Passcode-locked iOS devices don't rejoin a Wi-Fi network after restart. After restart, the device might not be able to communicate with the server.
macOS - Not supported
Android and Android work profile devices - Not supported
Restart a device
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Select All services, filter on Intune, and select Microsoft Intune.
- Select Devices > All devices.
- In the list of devices that you manage, select a device, select More, and then select the Restart device remote action.
- To see the status of the Restart device action, select Devices > Device actions.