Remotely restart devices with Intune
|Applies to: Intune in the Azure portal|
|Looking for documentation about Intune in the classic portal? Read the introduction to Intune.|
The Restart device action causes the device you choose to be restarted. The device owner isn't automatically notified of the restart, and they might lose work.
Windows - Supported on Windows 8.1 and later
Windows Phone - Supported on Windows Phone 8.1 and later
iOS - Supported
This command requires a supervised device and the Device Lock access right. The device restarts immediately. Passcode-locked iOS devices don't rejoin a Wi-Fi network after restart. After restart, the device might not be able to communicate with the server.
macOS - Not supported
Android - Not supported
Restart a device
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Select All services, filter on Intune, and select Microsoft Intune.
- Select Devices > All devices.
- In the list of devices that you manage, select a device, select More, and then select the Restart device remote action.
- To see the status of the Restart device action, select Devices > Device actions.