Remotely restart devices with Intune
|Applies to: Intune in the Azure portal|
|Looking for documentation about Intune in the classic portal? Go here.|
The Restart device action causes the device you choose to be restarted. The device owner is not automatically notified of the restart, therefore might lose work.
- Windows - Supported on Windows 8.1 and later
- Windows Phone - Supported on Windows Phone 8.1 and later
iOS - Supported
This command requires a supervised devices and the Device Lock access right. The device restarts immediately. Passcode-locked iOS devices will not rejoin a Wi-Fi network after restart; after restart, they may not be able to communicate with the server.
- macOS - Not supported
- Android - Not supported
How to restart a device
- Sign into the Azure portal.
- Choose More Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
- On the Intune blade, choose Devices.
- on the Devices and groups blade, choose All devices.
- From the list of devices you manage, choose a device, and then choose the Restart device remote action.
To see the status of the action you just took, on the Devices and groups blade, choose Device Actions.