Create a group to manage your users and data access
Groups are used to manage your users and control your employees' access to your company resources. These resources can be part of your directory or can be external resources, like SaaS apps or SharePoint sites.
Microsoft Intune uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage access to company resources. This access is controlled using roles in the directory. Intune then manages this access for mobile devices, which allows members of that group to access resources.
How do I create a group?
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Choose All services > Intune. Intune is located in the Monitoring + Management section.
- Once you've opened the Microsoft Intune pane, select Groups.
- On the Users and groups – All groups pane, select the New group command.
- On the Group pane, choose a Group type.
- Add a Name and Description for the group.
- Set the Membership type as Assigned. Do not Enable Office features for the test group.
- Select Members for the group.
- Click Create.
If you've successfully created a group, it should appear in the list of All groups. If it doesn't appear there, try to create another group.
Get started with policies - Create policies to prevent users from doing unauthorized things with their devices.