Exam AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer
Candidates for this exam should have subject matter expertise implementing the configuration and coding tasks required to create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an IoT solution.
Candidates for this exam should have a general understanding of device types and Azure services, including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, AI, and other platform as a service (PaaS) options. They must be able to program in at least one Azure IoT software development kit–supported (SDK–supported) language.
The English language version of this exam will be updated on July 28, 2022. Please download the skills measured document below to see what’s changing. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure IoT Developer Specialty
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam will be updated on July 28, 2022. Please download the exam skills outline below to see what’s changing.
- Set up the IoT solution infrastructure (10-15%)
- Provision and manage devices (15-20%)
- Implement IoT Edge (15-20%)
- Implement business integration (5-10%)
- Process and manage data (15-20%)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize IoT solutions (15-20%)
- Implement security (10-15%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure IoT developers develop cloud and edge components of an Azure IoT solution.