Microsoft Exam Non-disclosure Agreement
MICROSOFT CERTIFICATION EXAM AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS MICROSOFT CERTIFICATION EXAM AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING ON THE “YES” BUTTON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, SELECT “NO”. YOU MUST SELECT “YES” TO TAKE THE MICROSOFT CERTIFICATION EXAM.
This Agreement is entered into as of the date of Your acceptance between you (“You” or “Your”) and Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”).
Keeping Microsoft Certification exams confidential helps maintain the value of Microsoft Certifications and helps ensure only qualified individuals are certified.
This exam is Microsoft confidential and proprietary information and is protected by intellectual property laws. It is made available to You solely to test Your knowledge and competency in the exam subject matter.
Any disclosure of the exam or information related to the exam, including exam questions, answers, content, computations, diagrams, drawings or worksheets (“Exam Related Information”) is strictly prohibited. You will not disclose, distribute, copy, display, publish, summarize, photograph, record, download, transmit or post the exam or any Exam Related Information, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means now known or hereafter devised.
CANDIDATE CONDUCT POLICY
You will not participate in any behavior that could compromise the confidentiality or results of any Microsoft Certification exam. Proctors are authorized to take immediate and appropriate measures against individuals who violate testing rules. You may be prohibited from taking any Microsoft Certification exams and your exam results may be invalidated if Microsoft believes You violated this Agreement or engaged in any misconduct and no exam refund will be provided. Examples of misconduct include:
- Providing access to, disclosing, distributing, copying, photographing, recording, downloading, posting, displaying, publishing or transmitting any exam or Exam Related Information in any form or by any means.
- Misrepresenting Your identity or impersonating another individual.
- Misrepresenting Your country of residence or the country where an online proctored exam will be delivered.
- Modifying or altering the exam, exam score or any exam record.
- Submitting any work or answers that are not entirely Your own.
- Providing or receiving improper assistance during the exam.
- Seeking or obtaining unauthorized access to Microsoft Certification exams or Exam Related Information (this includes using brain-dump material or unauthorized publication of exam questions with or without answers).
- Possessing non-authorized items while taking an exam, including mobile phones, electronic devices, laptops, watches, notes, documentation or content.
- Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis.
- Attempting to reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any exam.
- Engaging in any other misconduct that could compromise the confidentiality, integrity or security of the exam.
- Violating any Microsoft or exam delivery provider’s policy, requirement or rule.
Microsoft reserves the right to invalidate your exam score if Microsoft determines you were not compliant with this section.
You are solely responsible for understanding and complying with Microsoft Certification exam policies and procedures located at https://docs.microsoft.com/learn/certifications/certification-exam-policies, as well as the exam delivery provider’s policies and procedures.
You can review the Microsoft Exam Retake Policy as well as other Microsoft exam and testing procedures at https://docs.microsoft.com/learn/certifications/certification-exam-policies. You can learn more about the exam provider’s policies and procedures at the exam provider’s website.
You have thirty (30) days after taking an exam to challenge your exam score for that exam.
If You registered to take an academic exam, You must provide the exam provider with documentation that verifies You are currently enrolled as a student at or a faculty member of an accredited academic institution before You can take the exam.
By taking an academic exam, You acknowledge that You are either a student or faculty member of an accredited academic institution. If it is determined You were not a Student or a Faculty member at the time You took an academic exam, Microsoft reserves the right to invalidate Your exam results, and no exam refund will be provided.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE AND CONSENT
By taking this exam, You agree that Microsoft, its affiliates and the exam provider may:
- share Your personal information and exam data with each other to administer the exam, to improve the testing program and testing experience, to facilitate statistical analyses, and to determine if You passed the exam;
- contact You regarding certificates showing that You passed the exam or information regarding the Microsoft Certification program;
- share Your personal information and exam results with other Microsoft programs, e.g., the Microsoft Partner Network program, to verify Your or Your employer’s compliance with the program requirements;
- share Your information with standards and certification boards affiliated with the academic institution, company or government organization that provided You with an exam voucher; and
- share Your exam results and your personal information with the entity that issued the voucher or that purchased the site license if the exam was made available to You by one of the following methods:
- A company or government organization purchased vouchers and then issued the vouchers to its employees or contractors,
- An academic institution purchased vouchers and then issued the vouchers to its students or employees, or
- An academic institution or government organization operated an exam test center and did not charge you a standalone fee to take the exam.
- A government agency that provides training stipends to be applied based on completion conditions and subject to Microsoft’s identified verification process.
- Share your exam results and your personal information with an entity that funded your exam if the funding was made available through a government agency that provides training stipends to be applied based on completion conditions and subject to Microsoft’s identified verification process.
To learn more about the data collection and use practices of Microsoft, please visit https://privacy.microsoft.com. To learn more about the data collection and use practices of the exam provider, please contact the exam provider.
DATA TRANSFER NOTICE
Your personal data, exam information and exam results (including personal data collected from the European Union, European Economic Area, and Switzerland) may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Microsoft or its affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. You appoint Microsoft, its affiliates and the exam provider to perform any such transfer of Your data, exam information and exam results to any such country and to store and process Your data. Microsoft abides by the EU Safe Harbor, and the Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union, the European Economic Area, and Switzerland.
OWNERSHIP AND ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
7.1. Ownership. Microsoft owns and retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Microsoft Certification exam.
7.2. Remedies. In addition to any other rights and remedies provided by law or this Agreement, Microsoft hereby expressly reserves all legal and equitable remedies arising out of a breach of this Agreement and/or the infringement of any of Microsoft’s intellectual property rights.