Microsoft Ignite and Microsoft Ignite The Tour: Free Certification Exam Offer
Thank you for attending Microsoft Ignite 2019 or a Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event. All attendees will be given a free certification exam, subject to certain exceptions, * to help you continue skilling up and prove your technical expertise to employers and peers.
If you attended Microsoft Ignite 2019 or a Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event, you may be eligible to receive one free Microsoft fundamentals, role-based, or specialty certification exam. The free exam offer is available for redemption from the beginning of the event which you are attending and is valid for 180 days after the last day of the event. If you do not schedule an exam within that timeframe, you will not be able to redeem your offer.
How to claim your free exam
Because this is a digital offer, we require you verify your event attendance by using the same social account used for event registration (see step 7 below) upon scheduling your exam online. If you were group-registered, please ensure you have completed your event registration profile. For MS Ignite 2019 attendees, go to https://register.ignite.microsoft.com/; for The Tour attendees, please go to https://register.msignite-the-tour.microsoft.com/cityname, e.g. https://register.msignite-the-tour.microsoft.com/london to complete your event profile.
For step-by-step screenshots, see here.
To register for a free exam:
- Select any of the qualifying exams listed below.
- Once you have accessed the desired exam details page, click the "Schedule exam" button to begin the online registration process.
- Sign in with the Microsoft Account associated with your Microsoft Certification profile. If you do not have a Microsoft Certification profile, you will need to create one.
- Once logged in to your Microsoft Certification Profile, confirm details in your Certification Profile are accurate.
- Click on the "Save & continue button" at the bottom of the Certification Profile page to proceed to the 'Exam Discounts' page.
- On the 'Exam Discounts' page, select the event you've attended and click the "Verify account" button.
- When verifying your account, you must authenticate using the same social account used for event registration (NOTE: If you used a Microsoft Account for event registration, you must use the same Microsoft Account to log in to your Certification Profile to schedule your exam. If this results in having two Certification Profiles, contact Microsoft Certification support forums to merge your profiles, after you complete your certification exam.)
- Follow steps on the following screens and provide the required details to schedule your exam.
- During checkout, verify that the total amount due is $0.00 and submit the order. Note: The 'My Order' page should show the following discount at the bottom of the page: Microsoft Ignite 2019-2020 100% Discount. Previous pages in the exam scheduling flow will show the full price.
For issues scheduling your exam, get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day.
Eligible exams for this offer
This offer includes all Microsoft fundamentals, role-based, and specialty certification exams. The eligible exams are listed below.
Terms and conditions
- This exam offer is available to eligible individuals who have attended Microsoft Ignite 2019 or a Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event.
- This exam offer may be redeemed to take one (1) Microsoft Certification exam, delivered at an authorized Pearson Vue testing center or through a Pearson Vue online proctoring site.
- This exam offer is exam-specific and only redeemable for select Microsoft exams.
- This exam offer is available for a period beginning the first day of the event at which you received this exam offer and expires 180 days after the last day of such event.
- This exam offer entitles you to register for one (1) exam prior to the offer expiration date.
- This exam offer expiration date cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- This exam offer is not valid for, and may not be redeemed by, either: 1) government officials; or 2) residents of Israel, Germany, or Sweden. *This offer is not available to government officials or residents as noted as it exceeds the limits permissible under Microsoft policy and local law.
- This exam offer may only be redeemed once.
- This exam offer may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or refund.
- This exam offer is nontransferable and is void if you alter, revise or transfer it in any way.
- This exam offer is only offered to individuals who have registered and attended an official Microsoft Ignite 2019 or Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event.
External FAQ - Free Exam Offer at MS Ignite and The Tour
About the offer
Q: How many exams can I schedule for free with this offer?
A: You can claim one free eligible certification exam with this offer. The offer is one free eligible exam, even if you attend multiple Microsoft Ignite events.
Q: What certification exams are eligible for this offer?
A: This offer includes all Microsoft fundamentals, role-based, and specialty certification exams. For a list of eligible certification exams, see "Eligible exams for this offer" section on our offer details page: https://docs.microsoft.com/learn/certifications/microsoft-ignite-free-certification-exam-offer#eligible-exams-for-this-offer.
Q: If I registered for an eligible event but did not attend in person, can I still claim this offer?
A: No, this offer is only applicable to those who have attended Microsoft Ignite 2019 or a Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event in person.
Q: Why do the terms and conditions of this offer state residents of Israel, Germany, or Sweden are ineligible?
A: Residents of these territories are ineligible for this offer due to Microsoft’s gifting policy and local laws. Each of these countries have specific laws that limit what any company can gift its residents, and the value of our certification exams exceed limits and therefore, Microsoft is unable to offer residents of these countries a free exam.
Scheduling your free exam
Q: Do I need to schedule my free exam from this offer during the event I’ve attended or plan to attend?
A: No, you do not need to schedule your free exam from this offer during the event which you’ve attended. You can schedule the exam during the event or after the event; the offer to take a free exam expires 180 calendar days starting the day after the event ends.
Q: Do I need to take the exam within 180 calendar days after the event ends?
A: Yes, you do need to take the exam within 180 calendar days after the event ends.
Q: How do I schedule my free exam from this offer?
A: For instructions on how to schedule your free exam, go to https://docs.microsoft.com/learn/certifications/microsoft-ignite-free-certification-exam-offer#how-to-claim-your-free-exam.
Q: When verifying my exam discount eligibility, I run into an error stating I’m ineligible because I’m a government official but I’m not. What should I do?
A: If you’ve been incorrectly identified as a government official, you will need to update the government field in your event registration profile and wait until the event is over to see eligibility. You may also contact the Microsoft Certification Support Forum (https://aka.ms/CertificationSupport) for assistance.
Q: I am having trouble scheduling my free exam. Where can I get support?
Q: Do I have the option to take the scheduled exam in person or online?
A: Yes, you have the option take the scheduled exam through Pearson Vue in person at a local testing center or via online proctored (OP). To find out more about online exams, go to https://www.microsoft.com/learning/online-exams.aspx
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy
Q: Can I reschedule my exam appointment from this offer if I need to?
A: Yes, you can reschedule your exam appointment but must do so within the 180 day window after the event ends. You must reschedule your exam at least six business days prior to your exam appointment to avoid any rescheduling fees. See Rescheduling Policy.
Q: Are there any fees when I reschedule or cancel my exam appointment?
A: There is no charge if you reschedule or cancel your exam appointment at least six business days prior to your appointment. If you are within five business day prior to your exam time and need to reschedule, you will need to pay a rescheduling fee. If you are within two days of your scheduled exam time, you may not reschedule or cancel your exam. If you do not show up for your exam, you forfeit your free exam from this offer. For more information, see Cancellation and Reschedule Policy.
Q: What happens if I missed my exam appointment and didn’t reschedule or cancel it?
A: If you’ve missed your exam appointment and don’t reschedule or cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your free exam from this offer. For more information, see Cancellation and Reschedule Policy.
Q: Can I retake an exam for free if I failed initially using the free certification exam offer?
A: No, the offer is valid for one attempt only and exam retakes must be scheduled separately. For more information on retaking certification exams, see our Exam Retake Policy.