Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is now being licensed as Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For more information about these licensing changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Update.
In any Dynamics 365 Finance implementation project, the first step is to configure the General ledger module. All other modules post their related financial transactions into the general ledger. As part of implementing the general ledger, configuring the chart of accounts is the first required step to identify accounts, dimensions, and structures.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Identify the required components for chart of accounts
- Define and configure the chart of accounts
- Define and configure the financial dimensions and dimension sets
- Configure chart of accounts, main accounts, categories, templates, ledger account alias and balance control
- Configure account structures and advanced rules