Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) is a programming language that is used throughout Microsoft Power BI for creating calculated columns, measures, and custom tables. It is a collection of functions, operators, and constants that can be used in a formula, or expression, to calculate and return one or more values. You can use DAX to solve a number of calculations and data analysis problems, which can help you create new information from data that is already in your model.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- Build quick measures.
- Create calculated columns.
- Use DAX to build measures.
- Discover how context affects DAX measures.
- Use the CALCULATE function to manipulate filters.
- Implement time intelligence by using DAX.