ASP.NET Core supports creating webpages using a built-in templating engine called Razor. In this module, you'll learn how to create webpages using Razor with ASP.NET Core.
In this module, you will:
- Understand when and why to use Razor Pages for your ASP.NET Core application.
- Use the .NET Core CLI to create a new Razor page and its paired C# PageModel class file.
- Complete the projects Create, Read Update and Delete (CRUD) operations by adding a Create form using Razor syntax.
- Add built-in client-side form input validation using Razor's Input Tag Helper.
- Add built-in server-side model validation using Data Annotations.
- Add a reference to a Data Transfer Object (DTO).
- Consume a RESTful service from your PageModel.
- Walk through the life cycle of an example HTTP request.
- Deploy & Test.