In this module, you learned:
- What a programming language does.
- Why Python is so popular.
- Why Python is a great choice as the first programming language you learn.
- Why you must compile instructions written using a programming language into a format a computer understands.
- The different steps to take in just about every program you write.
- That you need to install some tools to build your own software development environment.
In the next module in this Learning Path, you'll walk through the steps to install Python, Visual Studio Code, and more. Then you'll be ready to write your first lines of code.